The fumes with gas heating

I am a first time lake house owner as well as I couldn’t be more confused.

I didn’t call the electrical supplier ahead of the first morning of my month long move-in. That left myself and others separate from power for the first 2 days of trying to transition from my apartment into this house. But, that blunder was just the start. Next, I nearly started a fire by trying to run a microwave to an outlet across the study room with just a flimsy extension cord from the dollar store. The cord isn’t even grounded, so it didn’t take long for the wire to heat up as well as melt in varying sites. I’m just happy that I discovered the problem before the house went up in flames. Even worse, I turned up the temperature on my water gas furnace so high that I burned myself trying to take a shower. I didn’t realize that 125 degrees is the proper cutoff point for that actually reason. But, this past month has seen myself and others struggling with my Heating as well as Air Conditioning system. The a/c needed repairs as well as I started to worry any number of other things could be wrong, most notably the furnace that hasn’t been replaced in over 10 years. A few searches on the web started myself and others on a downward spiral of paranoia because the first thing that I stumbled upon was the carbon monoxide dangers with old furnaces. Since my furnace is as old as my a/c, which just needed repairs, it made sense that my furnace could be compromised as well. When I learn the gas is aromaless as well as will kill you in high enough concentrations, I freaked out. Thankfully, I determined that there is only a carbon monoxide danger with gas appliances as well as my furnace is electric.

 

 

electric heater