I bought a propane fireplace a few years ago, and I honestly definitely enjoyed using it.
It is not that freezing here where I live even while the people I was with and I were in the Wintertide months, so I hated turning my heating system on because it cost quite a bit of currency in electricity to run it. I did use my heating system for a few winters, but then, I stopped using it because I got sick of the high electric bill. It would be warm some mornings and freezing other mornings, so I had to turn my heating system on and off all of the time anyways. It was just a pain. I ended up going a couple of months 1 Wintertide without using any type of heater, and that was cheaper, although I got quite cold at times, however my buddy recommended that I get a propane fireplace since propane is cheaper than electricity. I took her advice, and I bought a propane fireplace. I used that propane fireplace for about more than two years. It worked great! It had a little bit of a propane smell which I did not certainly care for, but it was not too bad. I got used to it after a little while, and I usually could not smell it at all. Just a few weeks ago, I noticed that my fireplace was having trouble with igniting, then after a few mornings of struggling to light it, it finally stopped lighting altogether. I had a buddy come over and check it out, and he said that it needed a new thermocouple. I bought 1, and he will be installing it next week, and I legitimately can’t wait to have a toiling fireplace once again.